The Georgia Charter Educational Foundation is the Founding Board and a petitioner for charter schools in the state of Georgia. The Georgia Charter Educational Foundation is a Georgia not-for-profit entity organized exclusively for educational purposes and is comprised of respected leaders in the state of Georgia that are committed to providing high quality educational options for the citizens of this State.
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. The Georgia Charter Educational Foundation Board of Directors has contracted with a professional education management organization, Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise. Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Governing Board.
The Governing Board is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of each school. The Governing Board establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations are faithful to the terms of the Charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Governing Board will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Governing Council members to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
School-Based Governing Councils
To ensure local community involvement/control, each charter school will have a Governing Council comprised of community leaders and parents that will have primary oversight of the school. The Georgia Charter Educational Foundation will delegate broad authority to the Governing Council, including:
- Setting school-specific performance goals
- Approval of the school budget and finances
- Operational oversight of Charter Schools USA
- Monthly meetings to review school performance
If you or someone you know would like to be considered for a position on this voluntary Council, please contact us email@example.com